Friday, September 15, 2017

2017 Retreat at Zinck's - Berlin, Ohio

Okay, I admit this retreat was in June and it is now September.  My blog has been suffering some neglect this summer.  So sorry.  Still, I want to maintain my quilting adventures on my blog, so please excuse my late posts.  I will try to catch up soon.

Jen's Block
The retreat at Zinck's is always fun and full of ideas for new projects.  On this weekend, Gretchen instructed us on how to make a "Tumbling Block" wall hanging.  It was really fun and easier than we expected.  Here are some of the Tumbling Blocks we completed:
Barbie's and my Tumbling Blocks

One ambitious person decided to make a whole quilt of tumbling blocks - Awesome!

Other projects that caught my eye:





************************************************************************* 

This Quilt below is all "Hand-sewn" and I've been watching it grow for the last three years.  It's a Hexie, but each square is fussy cut to form the design.  Absolutely a work of art!  



**************************************************************************


Another great retreat complete in Amish country.


2 comments:

  1. So many lovely projects! Looks like everyone had a fun and productive time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ruth, Thanks for stopping by. We did have a lovely retreat! Such a joy to be a quilter and share all the creativity.

    ReplyDelete